By Dcoetzee – Own work, Public Domain, Link
You’re trying to sell a Martinez, California house that just won’t sell?
And yet – the news says the real estate market is heating up. The media is practically shouting again about multiple offers, high demand, and record-setting prices.
So where’s your contract?
These tips could be just what you need to help you sell your Martinez, California home.
Why won’t my house sell in Martinez, California? – 6 Tips To Cure It
1) Get good help.
Just like before, there are novice agents and investors rushing into the booming market trumpeting that they know what they’re doing.
But they don’t. They’re getting hit hard with the nuances of financing, deal structure, and evaluation. Seriously, chances are good that real estate is your biggest investment – don’t trust just anyone’s advice. If you want great results, partner with the pros.
2) Don’t make too many improvements.
Too often we see over-improved properties – those where the owners have gone too far. Even with the best of intentions, exceptional craftsmanship and true artistic talent, it’s incredibly challenging to exceed what the market is paying. Plus, most buyers want to add their own custom touches. Get rid of all the clutter and think “neutral”.
3) Do make necessary improvements.
Unfixed stuff scares buyers. Show that you’ve been a responsible property owner and get all the little details fixed.
Don’t leave gaps in the trim or plates off of the switches. Get it inspected by a professional home inspector, and show off the healthy home report. This goes a long way towards establishing confidence that they’re making a good purchase.
4) Style and design matters.
Curb appeal is as important as the inside – so don’t neglect one part of the property to improve the other. Give buyers a cohesive impression of great style. Paint the walls, update the landscaping, and most of all – keep it immaculately clean. Consider hiring a professional designer to help tastefully stage the property.
5) Pricing matters a lot.
If you’re getting a lot of showings but not a lot of offers, you might not be too far off in price. If your best efforts to advertise your property aren’t making the phone ring, you’re probably overpriced.
6) Every property will sell – sometime.
There’s no magic formula – but there’s no substitute for experience.
If you need to sell a house near Martinez, California, we can help you. We buy Martinez, California houses.
We buy properties like yours from people who need to sell fast.
Give us a call anytime (925) 852-8261 or fill out the form here today!
Here are some fun facts about Martinez, California.
Did You Know That…
- For more than 150 years, Martinez has served as the county seat for Contra Costa County.
- Martinez is the bocce ball capital of the United States with hundreds of bocce ball enthusiasts playing on City leagues.
- Martinez is the birthplace of Joe DiMaggio, famous New York Yankee slugger. You can see his boat, “Joltin’ Joe“, at the Marina.
- Home of the martini – this famous cocktail was first invented and poured here in 1874 to a thirsty gold miner.
- 38 trains a day pull into our Amtrak Intermodal Station, connecting Martinez to the region and the North Concord and Pleasant Hill BART stations.
- Selected as a “Tree City USA”, Martinez was honored for its extensive planting and care of trees.
- You can visit John Muir’s home right here in Martinez. It’s a National Historic Site.