Selling your house can be a large feat. When hiring an agent, the process will likely take much longer than a direct sale, and can also end up costing you more in the long run! Keep reading to see how the time it takes to sell will affect you financially.
While there is no way to determine how long selling your house will actually take when listing your house with a Dublin, California agent, you can plan ahead if you choose to sell directly. In our latest post, we will look at how long selling your house will take and the common things that can cause delays.
If You List…
Getting It Ready For The Market
If you decide to list your Dublin, California house, you will likely need some time to get it ready for the market. You’ll want to clean up, remove personal belongings, make repairs and possibly stage the house for showings.
Finding The Right Agent
Choosing an agent can take some time as well. You aren’t going to want to work with the first agent you meet. Instead, you will likely do some research, talk to friends and family who have recently sold, and speak with a few agents before deciding who to hire.
Waiting For A Buyer
Once the house is listed, you are at the mercy of the market. There is no guarantee you will find a buyer right away or that you will get the price you are asking for. Your property could sit on the MLS, only to receive offers lower than you had expected. You never know how long this part of the process will take, which makes planning ahead difficult.
The Inspection Process
Once an offer has been made, your buyer’s lender will require an inspection and appraisal. If it doesn’t appraise for what they are lending, the loan won’t be funded. If there are problems with the property you will need to either make additional repairs or negotiate the price with your buyers. When pricing your home, be sure to prepare for this step. The value of your home can change greatly once it has been inspected. Some sellers even opt to pay for an inspection themselves before putting it in the market. This will ensure that there aren’t any surprises after an offer has been made.
The amount of time escrow can take will vary depending on the agreements made between the buyer and the seller. The buyer may ask for repairs before signing off on contingencies and the lenders may take some time to fund the loan. Typically escrow takes 2-4 weeks+.
Once the escrow process is complete, the buyer and seller will need to arrange a mutually agreed upon date to sign the paperwork. You will meet at the title company, review all paperwork and finally… sign on the dotted line.
When You Sell Directly…
Get An Offer
When you sell directly to 247Homebuyers.com, you will get an offer right away. It is then up to you to decide if it is the right choice for you. We understand you might need some time to think or run the numbers. We will never pressure you into a sale.
If you choose to accept our offer, the closing can take place in a matter of days. With a direct sale to 247Homebuyers.com, you will avoid all costs of listing (repairs, commissions, closing costs, etc.) and be able to plan ahead by knowing exactly when the house will close. For many properties in Dublin, California, a direct sale is a faster and more cost-effective solution. You will not need to make repairs or hire an agent in order to sell. Before you decide to list, find out if a direct sale is right for you! There is never any commitment!
Thinking about selling your house in Dublin, California? Get in touch with 247Homebuyers.com before hiring an agent! (925) 852-8261
Here are some Fun Facts about Berkeley, California!
Saint Patrick’s Day Celebration
The annual Saint Patrick’s Day celebration includes a 5K Fun Run and Walk, a pancake breakfast, a two-day festival, and a parade. The parade is popular with residents and visitors from outside Dublin alike and has been growing in popularity each year. It is sponsored by the Dublin Host Lions Club and features bands and colorful floats. The Dublin firefighters sponsor the pancake breakfast, and tours of the firehouse are popular with children. The festival continues all weekend and features food, games, kiddie rides, arts & crafts, and information about local organizations. The festival had been held near the end of the parade route in Shamrock Village on Amador Valley Blvd. but was relocated to the Civic Center on Dublin Blvd., in 2007, moving it closer to the growing population in the eastern part of Dublin.
MythBusters cannonball incident
On December 6, 2011, a shooting was in progress for the popular Discovery Channel program MythBusters, when a cannonball went skyward and zoomed through a residence near Camp Parks, where the filming was taking place, also damaging a car, which was the final resting place of the cannonball. Many residents were shaken and the community was shocked, but nobody was injured. Mythbusters Adam Savage and Kari Byron hosted a student engineering event at Dublin High School, a move to express gratitude to the community of Dublin for the access to Camp Parks as a shooting location. The Dublin Film Commission declared December 6 “Victory in the battle for Dublin”, poking at the rogue cannonball incident, and plans to host a film festival every December 6 to honor Dublin’s fallen cannonball. On December 6, 2012, Tri-Valley Film Coalition President Morgan Finley King hosted a film festival at the Dublin Library, in which winners of each category were awarded a “Golden Cannonball Award”.
Things to Do With Your Family in Dublin
by Yalla Mediterranean
- Dublin Heritage Park and Museums: Dublin is proud of its past. Built on the back of Irish settlers, see how the city got its start at the Dublin Heritage Park and Museums. The 10-acre park includes places where you can picnic with your family and historical buildings. There’s the Murray Schoolhouse built in 1856 or St. Raymond’s Church, where members of the Donner Party Expedition are buried.
- The Wave: Dublin’s own 31,000 square-foot aquatics facility, The Wave, has both indoor and outdoor pools, a waterslide tower and tons of fun water play in the splash zone.
- Dublin Hills Regional Park: See nature beautiful and untouched at Dublin Hills Regional Park, which gives visitors to the East Bay glimpse of what the area looked like before being developed. Your family will enjoy beautiful views as you hike, bike or ride horseback through the hills.
- Iron Horse Trail: Once a portion of the track for the Southern Pacific Railway, the Iron Horse Trail is a converted multi-use path that allows pedestrians, equestrians, and bicyclists to explore some of the most beautiful scenery in the East Bay Area. Once completed, it will span 40 miles from Livermore through Dublin and into northern Contra Costa County.
- Livermore County Wine Country: See and experience California’s oldest wine country. Be sure to visit the tasting rooms of some of the 50 local wineries, attend a wine festival or take a tour of this beautiful region.
- Mount Diablo State Park: If you travel about 20 miles north of Dublin, you can enjoy the natural wonder of Mount Diablo State Park. Hike the trails and get a bird’s eye view of the Tri-Valley cities and beyond from the Summit Museum.